Welcome to Junior Game Creators
Virtual After School Code Clubs
Junior Game Creators has helped thousands of students nurture an interest in computer science for over four years now. At present we are focused on delivering virtual online after school clubs where children get to discover some mind blowing tricks of computer science. They learn how to make characters come alive, make sounds, play music and even keep score.
Our students are encouraged to be independent learners and are given opportunity to explore. Existing students are welcome and new students encouraged to join in. Numbers are limited so book early to avoid disappointment.
Club Weekly Activities
Each week has fun games, challenges and problems to solve. Those with more experience are challenged to work on their own projects or fall back on the structured challenges if they prefer. All Key Stage 2 and above are welcome.
Choosing a skill level: Our After school Virtual Workshops are separated into 4 different skill levels:
- Novice – Here we have some basic and easy going games in Scratch to help prepare for the challenges ahead (typically suits ages 7 to 11).
- Intermediate – Things just stepped up a bit as these games now start to involve more complex code and functions of Scratch (typically suits ages 9 to 11).
- Advanced Level 1 – Created for seasoned Scratchers, the games found here will challenge the most confident of users (typically suits ages 10 to 12).
- Advanced Level 2 – Participants must complete Advanced Level 1 before enrolling on this course (typically suits ages 10 to 12).
- Construct – Now we’re getting serious. Take your coding knowledge to the next level with industry standard game creation software (typically suits ages 9 to 16).
Lesson requirements: Prior to attending any session the following steps will ensure you get off to a good start;
Step 1: Visit https://scratch.mit.edu or https://www.construct.net/en to create a Free User Account
Step 2: Download and install Zoom.
All of these are free.
What do they do in each workshop? Learners watch the host then use a shared worksheet to create cool, fun games and boost skills like literacy, numeracy, creativity, independence, problem solving, communication and perseverance.
Going Virtual: Workshops are hosted using the free webinar application Zoom. Logging in to their Scratch/Construct account prior to their session is recommended. Apart from that, all they’ll need is their imagination and a comfy chair.
Booking: Booking is on a first come first served basis and our workshops can fill up quickly. A waiting list is maintained and priority given to the waiting list the following term.
P.S. Act quick, spaces are limited!
P.P.S. Playing games is fun, learning to code by making them is game changing!